Have you ever been stung by a bee? Oh boy do they hurt! Bee stings generally cause pain and swelling to various degrees depending on how individual each person or animal's body reacts. Our sweet silly kitties are well known for getting into all kinds of mischief. These shenanigan searcher outers often find themselves in some less than ideal situations that their owners must rescue them from. While the majority of cats are not allergic to bee stings therefore they are not fatal, it is super important to be on alert and try to avoid the situation all together.
However, IF your cat does get stung by a bee, it's important to react appropriately. Thanks to the Veterinary Centers of America, we have a conducive guide on how to handle the situation. According to the VCA, this is what you've got to do:
Step one: Soothe the bite site. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the sting site. If your cat has multiple stings or bites, a soothing oatmeal bath is the way to go.
Step two: Minimize swelling. Apply an ice pack to the affected area for 10 minutes to reduce swelling. A bag of frozen peas serves as a handy ice pack for individual bites. A cooled towel works better for larger areas.