Poor dog was probably so scared. Kudos to that kind stranger for helping him.
via ABC News: "Jaxson began to persistently bark in what his owner describes as an 'irregular tone and cadence,' the city said. "Because of this, Jaxson's owner rushed downstairs to figure out what was causing his dog to bark. That's when owner, Todd Lavoie, noticed sparks from an outlet and its sole power strip. The pug stopped a house fire from escalating and likely saved the lives in his home" Way to go, pup!
Judge is credited with entering the field over 280 times, assisting in the arrests of 152 people, the removal of three handguns from the streets, and he helped bring in over $47,000 in cash during his tenure.
When the 9-year old pup was diagnosed with Cushing's Disease, his medical bills quickly built to over $10,000. The Woolwich Township allots $300 to the medical care of police animals. When the police station started a GoFundMe account for the little hero, $12,000 was raised in a single weekend and the battle was on.
Unfortunately, the disease finally caused a blockage in Judge's liver that wouldn't allow him to eat. Upon arriving at the vet Judge's handler Mike Frank said that though he was weak "he knew Judge would be able to walk into the hospital once he'd taken a bite grip on a training "sleeve." This was like a toy, or reward, for Judge. Several K-9 cops smiled and remarked that they knew Judge would be strong enough to walk in."
Judge's hero's procession continued inside as vet technicians lined up inside for him too.
Thank you Judge! See you at the bridge!