In the middle of the night, cat owner Scott White was awoken in the early hours of Sunday to his cat purring and pacing about the room. Then the rescue cat, named Joey, even stood on his chest to get his undivided attention.
Luckily, Mr White was able to recognize something was wrong with the way Joey was acting and went into the kitchen to find the entire room filled with smoke! The smoke coming from a slow cooker he had set hours ago.
Mr White told CBC, "We went to bed around midnight and it was fine," White said of the Crock-Pot. "And then it wasn't fine when Joey found it."
Story via CBC